Updated: February 5, 2024
Location: Argentina-Latin America - ARG-Home-Based
Job ID: 23006126
Clinical Contracts Specialist
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
Processes company contracts that support projects within Clinical Operations. Identifies project and/or individual contract-related problems and works within the team to provide solutions.
1. Manages assigned contract management processes, including but not limited to the coordination and finalization of the Customer contractual instrument including the project specifications and budget.
2. Negotiates and prepares contracts, budgets and related documents for participation in clinical trials.
3. Communicates and explains legal and budgetary issues to internal and external parties per department guidelines.
4. Evaluates and reviews Customer requested contract changes and based upon department guidelines; escalates deviations to department leadership and/or the Legal Department.
5. Serves as communication liaison between Contracts staff and internal and external Customers. Provides functional guidance and keeps Contracts team aware of all contract statuses or pending issues. Prepares correspondence as necessary.
6. Evaluates contracts for completeness and accuracy by comparing to department guidelines to determine adherence, and ensures that corrections are appropriately made and documented.
7. Initiates and participates in face-to-face or teleconference Customer meetings for the purpose of expediting the contract signing process, as directed or independently determined as an appropriate course of action.
8. Maintains contract templates, study specific files and databases.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
BA/BS, preferably in business or life sciences, plus nominal contracts management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, and voicemail. Above average attention to detail, accuracy, flexibility, organizational and interpersonal skills, team-oriented and analytical skills. Able to work independently, understand and carry out detailed instruction while working concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project. Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet critical deadlines. Able to interact with staff from multiple departments. Excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we take into consideration transferrable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
Discover what our 29,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: