Updated: January 25, 2024
Location: United States
Job ID: 23003971
The Sr. Software Engineer will collaborate with the development team to advance our company mission and contribute to the core product experience. This role will work on our client-facing technology suite which increases efficiency by connecting patients, sites, and sponsors throughout the clinical trial lifecycle
· Gather technical project requirements and specifications from clients and internal stakeholders (technical and non-technical) during the project development lifecycle.
· Own all aspect of the application, including quality, performance testing, and production support.
· Translate business rules and stakeholder requirements into project specifications that leverage internal and external systems.
· Lead the design of data ingestion and transformation systems and processes.
· Support development team by developing technical and architectural plans, generating documentation, and assembling presentation material that define project technical approaches, constraints, and milestones.
· Engage directly with technical stakeholders to communicate project updates (via in-person demonstrations, virtual calls/emails) throughout the production lifecycle.
· Run all the scrums and tech sessions.
· Design and create web apps that are performant, flexible, and extendable.
· Design and create REST and Graphql APIs with strong emphasis on distributed and event-driven design.
· Write unit tests and integration tests for code implemented.
· Develop applications with security and privacy in mind.
· Work with Sprint team members to collaborate and coordinate task and deliver on sprint commitments.
· Work with Product owner to get the project from conception to code and finally to users.
· Take ownership and responsibility for work done from start to finish.
· Investigate and address production issues.
· Contribute to project and engineering documentation.
· BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
· Professional experience in a development role
· Experience starting projects from scratch as well as jumping into an existing architecture.
· Ability to multitask and work in a cross-functional team environment.
· Full stack disposition (professional experience on backend strongly preferred)
· Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
· Proficient understanding of database architecture and performance
· Proficient understanding of asynchronous, object oriented, and functional programming design patterns
· Experience working with AWS (EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS/Kinesis)
· Experience with other enterprise server-side languages a plus (e.g., Java, Python, Ruby, etc.)
· Experience with React.js and React Native a plus.
· Experience developing and scaling REST APIs for various platforms.
· Experience developing low latency, high availability applications.
· 3+ years work experience developing web apps and APIs in React, NodeJs, and Typescript
· Experience with testing frameworks (Jest, Sinon, Cypress)
· Experience designing and developing REST and Graphql APIs
· Experience designing and developing distributed and event-driven systems.
· Previous experience as a Senior Full Stack Engineer
· Strong Knowledge of database systems and SQL.
· Good communication skills.
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we take into consideration transferrable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
Discover what our 29,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: